TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo — "Working Women Must Be Given The Dignity, Respect & Space They Deserve"
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
Friday, December 15, 2006
Teenage heartthrob Emraan Hashmi wed fianc?e Parveen Shahani at an elaborate ceremony yesterday, Thursday, 14th December. The reception, held at a plush hotel in Bandra, Mumbai, was limited to the family members and close friends of the actor. Emraan?s father, the genial Anwar Hashmi, received each and every guest personally, while Maherah, the actor?s mother, ensured that the guests were most comfortable.
Emraan was dressed in black formals, while the bride looked resplendent in a pink outfit. Incidentally, Emraan is sporting a goatee these days and also growing his hair for the look in the Mohit Suri-directed Awarapan.
Television crews with the O.B. vans and the paparazzi that had gathered at the venue since the evening were politely told to stay away from the premises, since Emraan and Parveen wanted the marriage to be a private affair. In fact, the couple didn?t want their guests to feel suffocated with television cameras hounding and falling over each other to get that ?exclusive byte?.
When this writer asked the groom how it feels to be married and bid goodbye to bachelorhood, the actor flashed a content smile and joked back, ?My next job is to ensure that all my friends settle down in bliss. I have set the precedent and these guys [pointing towards Mohit Suri, Aaditya Datt] should follow suit.?