TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Updates: Ashok Gehlot & Sachin Pilot To Meet Rahul Gandhi
- Manchester City Vs Hoffenheim: City Through As Group Winners
- PTron Spunk Wireless Earphones With Bluetooth 5.0 Launched For Rs 2,999
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 ABS: Spy Pics Leaked
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks ROYAL At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Sonam & Anil Kapoor's Ethnic Look At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Friday, May 19, 2006
The lively television channel MTV has been known for its spoofs on the Bollywood actors and films. If you are a regular on the channel, you must've definitely not forgotten the episodic spoof MTV had made on Lagaan few years back. And now, after its humorous takes on some of the famous television shows, MTV has taken a big step ahead. Much prior to the release of the awaited sequel Dhoom 2, MTV has created a full-length feature film on super hit movie Dhoom. This will possibly be the first time in India that a television channel is looking forward to give a theatrical release to a spoof film.
Produced under the banner of MTV Fully Faltoo Films, the spoof titled Ghoom has lead characters named Abhishek Bachao, Who Dare Chopra and Kaun Abraham who will be doing all the action. The story is similar to Dhoom's where a super-cop tries to nab a gang of biker thieves. The film also has a title track picturized as an item number with witty lyrics.
MTV's GM of Creative and Content, Ashish Patil seems to be very excited about the whole project. He says the Yashraj films was aware of the spoof and extended their full support to the project. Planning to give a proper release to the film by releasing trailer and promotions, Ashish Patil is confident that people surely won't mind spending money for this one. Ghoom will have a theatrical release on June 2 in four cities in India.
Sushmita raises funds for cancer hosp.
Diana Hayden to host Sports awards