TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New Record — IAF Airlifts 463 Tonnes In Just 6 Hours, In Ladakh
- IPL Auction 2019 — Everything You Need To Know
- Citibank Offers 71 litres Of Diesel/ Petrol Per Year, In A Tie-Up With Indian Oil
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor, the Minister of Tourism, Malaysia officially launched the Global Indian Film Awards [G.I.F.A.] Kuala Lumpur 2006 in Sri Satria, Putrajaya on May 9.
The reason for the choice of Malaysia is the country's natural draw. Kuala Lumpur is seen as one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world. GIFA Kuala Lumpur 2006 is supported and endorsed by the Government of Malaysia and the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.
The event kicks off on August 31 with the Bollywood world premiere of a blockbuster movie. The next morning, September 1, there will be a soccer match between Bollywood stars and Malaysian ministers. The same evening, a fashion show and charity dinner will be held, featuring India's top models and designers of haute couture.
On September 2, a charity brunch will be hosted in aid of less fortunate children by YABhg Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor on behalf of BAKTI with the Bollywood celebrities and later in the evening, the finale will take place - the awards ceremony.
G.I.F.A. is a global brand owned by Popcorn Entertainment and Global Events. Suniel Shetty features in both companies. During the G.I.F.A. Kuala Lumpur 2006 event, recognition will be given to 25 categories in film-making, with five nominees for each category. There will be a total of 125 personalities vying for honors.
The entire G.I.F.A. Kuala Lumpur 2006 program will be scripted, produced and directed by Popcorn Entertainment. Bollywood's top performing artistes will be in Kuala Lumpur for G.I.F.A. Kuala Lumpur 2006, together with singers, composers, directors, producers, musicians, financiers, special effect and stunt coordinators and animators to make this a memorable event.
Yash Raj Films hikes its ticket prices
Aamir and Kajol team up for an intl. concert