TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Monday, November 27, 2006
On 27th November when the Big B celebrated his father the late Harivanshrai Bachchan 's 99th birthday , he made some subdued but nonetheless momentous plans for the occasion.
Revealing these plans the Big B says, "Normally we've a kavi sammellan in Lucknow initiated some years ago by Shri Atal Vajpayee who's a huge fan of my father's works. This year we're bypassing the kavi sammellan. My mother is critically ill. And none of us are in the mood for public events."
Instead the entire family is to collect at Varanasi to pay a homage to the Bachchan patriarch. "Jaya is already shooting for Pradeep Sarkar's film in the Holy city. I will join her on the 27th. Abhishek who's shooting in Delhi will come to Varanasi with his sister. We'll be conducting a special puja at 2 am followed by another puja the next morning."
Also joining the family in Varanasi were the Big B's brother Ajitabh Bachchan and his daughter Namrata .
"My niece Namrata writes poetry. She's also a painter. Obviously she's the artiste in the family," says the Big B with obvious pride. "For my father's centenary next year Namrata will be translating his poetry. We're planning an English re-print of Madhushala as well as new English editions of his poetry ."
He pauses to ponder before concluding, "I want my father's 100th birthday to be something special. But this year, just the small family puja in Varanasi will have to suffice."
Studio 18 London office takes off
Paris comes to Mumbai to honour Lataji