TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Record: IAF airlifts 463 tonnes of load
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Saturday, November 18, 2006
After Ash playing Umrao Jaan, Ishaa Koppikar is set to play the role of a courtesan in Kalpana Lajmi's next untitled film. The film is based on a popular novel Sanyasi Aur Sundari set in the Ashoka era. According to Lajmi, the essence of the film is not dance but the position of women in the society in those times. She adds that the courtesans in those days were not treated prostitutes. Instead they were intellectually bright and artistic, getting more respect than a Maharani.
The film will be shot in one schedule in April next year. Lajmi is currently hunting for the right locations in Bikaner. She says that she has a tight budget and cannot afford to have lavish sets. Lajmi is however highly impressed by Ishaa. She says that Ishaa is very intelligent and the kind of actor who surrenders completely to the director which happens rarely these days. Ishaa on the other hand is not at all affected looking at Umrao Jaan's fate at the Box Office. She says that she is happy trying different roles that will prove her versatility.
Kalpana Lajmi's Chingaari starring Sushmita Sen released early this year. The film however was in news mainly due to the issues between the director and the actors rather than its content.
Apoorva's next, a realistic film
Brazil hosts first Indian Film Festival