TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Saturday, November 18, 2006
After Ash playing Umrao Jaan, Ishaa Koppikar is set to play the role of a courtesan in Kalpana Lajmi's next untitled film. The film is based on a popular novel Sanyasi Aur Sundari set in the Ashoka era. According to Lajmi, the essence of the film is not dance but the position of women in the society in those times. She adds that the courtesans in those days were not treated prostitutes. Instead they were intellectually bright and artistic, getting more respect than a Maharani.
The film will be shot in one schedule in April next year. Lajmi is currently hunting for the right locations in Bikaner. She says that she has a tight budget and cannot afford to have lavish sets. Lajmi is however highly impressed by Ishaa. She says that Ishaa is very intelligent and the kind of actor who surrenders completely to the director which happens rarely these days. Ishaa on the other hand is not at all affected looking at Umrao Jaan's fate at the Box Office. She says that she is happy trying different roles that will prove her versatility.
Kalpana Lajmi's Chingaari starring Sushmita Sen released early this year. The film however was in news mainly due to the issues between the director and the actors rather than its content.
Apoorva's next, a realistic film
Brazil hosts first Indian Film Festival