TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Rafale Deal Be Probed? — Supreme Court To Decide Today
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- IPL Auction 2019 — These Five Players May Be Sold For A High Price
- Shahrukh Breaks Silence On His Film With Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Mumbai And Its Vintage Parsi Cafes
- Can Meditation Enhance Creativity?
Monday, October 30, 2006
Ekta Kapoor recently announced her next production Gabbar Singh - the Bhojpuri remake of all time blockbuster Sholay. Now Ekta's father Jeetendra will be making his debut in a Bhojpuri film by starring in Gabbar Singh. And which is the role that he would be playing? No, it's not Gabbar but that of Thakur. The idea of having Jeetendra as Thakur came from the director of the film Mahesh Pandey. Pandey wanted a senior actor to play that role and since Amitabh Bachchan and Shatrughan Sinha have already starred in Bhojpuri Films, he thought that Jeetendra was a better option.
When Pandey informed Ekta about his idea, she was charged about it and agreed to convince her father to play the role. The film will be a different version of Sholay altogether. It will be a film from the perspective of Gabbar Singh and about his life.
However, Pandey says that his film will retain all the important characters like Jai, Veeru, Basanti and Radha. The rest of the cast is yet to be finalized but the film will go on floors early next year.
Sajid Nadiadwala stays technologically updated
Highest collection for Don worldwide till date