TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Friday, May 26, 2006
Pakistani rock band Junoon made a grand entry in the Indian market way back in 1998 and paved the way for other Pakistani bands to India. In 2004, the lead singer of Junoon Ali Azmat went solo, singing for Pooja Bhatt's Paap. Now, Shafqat Amanat Ali, the lead singer of another band called Fuzon will mark his debut in Bollywood soon with Karan Johar's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna.
Talking about his first big Bollywood assignment, Shafqat said that he was always a big fan of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy's music and had also met Ehsaan a few years back. They recently gave him an offer to sing for KANK which he accepted immediately. However he adds that he is very much with the band and will continue to sing for Fuzon.
Fuzon is mainly known for the classical elements in its musical compositions and Hindi films known for its popular music is distinct from it in a way. Shafqat, however, says that he didn't want to restrict himself and is therefore trying his hand in films. Besides, he feels it is always challenging to sing for another composer. He adds that singing for films involves a different process because the songs are based on the situations in film and involves the director's perspective as well.
The song he is going to sing for KANK is called 'Mitwa'; however he didn't reveal much about the song. Besides this, his band Fuzon, is also working on their next album which will come out this year.
Rekha dances on Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar
Rakhi to perform in sari for her next stage show