TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Rafale Deal Be Probed? — Supreme Court To Decide Today
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- IPL Auction 2019 — These Five Players May Be Sold For A High Price
- Shahrukh Breaks Silence On His Film With Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Mumbai And Its Vintage Parsi Cafes
- Can Meditation Enhance Creativity?
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Music Company Saregama is trying a stint at film production once again. The company had earlier produced Bollywood flicks like Godmother and Bada Din. It also co-produced Sapnay and Tum Sa Nahi Dekha.
The company now has signed a two-film deal with director Ken Ghosh of (Ishq Vishk, Fida fame). These two films are in pre-production stages. The first one is an untitled children's movie and will go on floors early next year. The other movie's script is yet to be finalized.
After seeing a period of lull, Saregama is back with a revised business plan. It is all set to establish a film production department and thus take up production in a big way. A source said that Saregama no longer wants to be known as a music company as they have already ventured into television, events and home video and movies. Audio is just one of the revenue streams.
Saregama has also produced an English film - Karma Confessions and Holi, which is in its post-production stage and will observe a 2007 release. With Saregama, Bollywood will see yet another player entering the production domain.
Who will direct Dhoom 3?
Shahid being over-cautious?