TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
After directing three films for Yash Raj [Mujhse Dosti Karoge, Hum Tum, Fanaa], Kunal Kohli has decided to go independent and produce movies. Before you jump to conclusions and start assuming that Yash Raj and Kunal have had a fall-out due to some disagreement/squabble, let's get this straight at the very outset: Their relationship continues to be as solid as ever. Over to Kunal:
"It's true that I am turning producer. In fact, the next film I make will be produced and directed by me. It was Adi's [Aditya Chopra] idea. He feels I need to grow, not be a director all my life. All the same, he feels that I should make way for other directors in Yash Raj. They too should be given an opportunity.
"My first film as a producer will be 100% financed, marketed and distributed by Yash Raj. Even the music rights will vest with Yash Raj Music. The only difference being, the producer will be Kunal Kohli this time. The actors? Nothing is finalized yet. Will discuss with Adi when the script is ready.
"We [Yash Raj and Kunal] have decided to take our relationship to another level. We need to grow beyond the producer-director relationship. In fact, the bond has only strengthened with the passage of time."