TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Lage Raho Munnabhai was the opening film at the University of Southern California's first-ever Indian film festival. The film was screened before a capacity audience at the Frank Sinatra Auditorium on 27th October to a rapturous response.
Students and faculty of the prestigious university clapped for minutes after the screening. A lively question and answer session followed with Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Rajkumar Hirani and Abhijat Joshi, the producer-director-writer trio of the film. Almost all questions were prefixed with heartfelt praise for the film, with one member of the audience pointing out that the film was in the tradition of the great films of Charlie Chaplin in its capacity to make people laugh and cry.
Gurinder Chadha also attended the screening and spoke glowingly about the film.