TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Monday, September 25, 2006
After teaching Gandhgiri to the audiences, Dilip Prabhavalkar who played Gandhi in Lage Raho Munnabhai had recorded some radio spots to re-emphasize the traffic rules to people. After watching Lage Raho Munnbhai, DCP Traffic, Suburbs, Harish Baijal, came up with the idea of using the character of Gandhi from the film to teach the traffic rules to people.
Dilip who has recently successfully managed to teach Gandhian principles to Munna and Circuit on screen has won the heart of the audiences. "The Mumbai Traffic Police wanted me to record the traffic rules in the Gandhi voice, the way I did in Lage Raho Munnabhai." says Dilip Prabhavalkar. One of the ad has Circuit, who very excited over getting a job, calls up Gandhi while riding his bike but Gandhi disconnects the phone twice, since one should not use the phone will driving.
Says Prabhavalkar, "There are about 10 radio spots that I have recorded telling people to follow traffic rules and road discipline". And since most of the people are hooked up to the radio, this will be an effective way to reach the masses.