TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
R. Madhavan is raising his voice for animals through PETA India's new youth program. In a brand-new public service announcement (PSA) released exclusively through an e-card called "Change Everything", Madhavan encourages young people to go vegetarian.
Madhavan's PSA shows heartbreaking footage of chickens who are crammed into crowded, filthy sheds as well as the treatment of cattle during slaughter. The video contains music by international vegan star Moby and colorful photographs and quotes from other vegetarian celebrities, like Mallika Sherawat, Bryan Adams, Gwyneth Paltrow, Pamela Anderson and Anil Kumble. The person who forwards the e-card to the most friends for maximum educational impact will receive a free iPod from petaDishoom.
Madhavan explains, "Sheep and cattle are hung upside-down and their throats are slit ... often when they're fully conscious". With this PSA, PETA hopes to make young people particularly aware of the atrocities committed against animals in factory farms.
The 11-page e-card also explains the intelligence of animals and the personal health impact of a meat-based, artery-clogging diet. It contains a music video by the band Goldfinger and two other videos, including the one featuring Madhavan.
"Chickens may not be cute and cuddly like some animals, but they still feel pain just like you and me. It's simple - I love animals, so I don't eat them", explains Madhavan.