TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Although the shooting of his film Corporate was recently completed, Madhur Bhandarkar is taking no time off. He has already begun work on his next film Signal, the third film in his trilogy of films on Mumbai. The first two of this trilogy are Page 3 and Corporate.
While Kunal Khemu was finalized for the male lead in Signal, he has finally zeroed in on his female lead. The actress in question is Neetu Chandra, who made her Bollywood debut with Priyadarshan's Garam Masala. It happened so that Neetu read one of Madhur's interviews wherein he said that he was on the lookout for an actress. So without hesitating, Neetu called him and gave a screen test. She was selected from among 20 other girls who had auditioned for the role.
In his preparation for the film, Madhur is conducting an acting workshop for Neetu and some street kids who will be seen in the film. On her part, Neetu has been told to watch films like Mani Ratnam's Bombay and Shyam Benegal's Mandi and Ankur. Neetu will be playing the role of a girl who embroiders clothes. She has a very earthy and dusky look. Also, she has a good command over Hindi. The director wanted somebody who looked like Smita Patil. And it looks like Neetu fit the bill.
Aamir's stand on Narmada issue
'Darna Zaroori Hai' to scare via black coffins?