TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Amarinder Singh: ISI Masterminded Amritsar Attacks!
- Rupee's Recovery To Two-Month High Leads Fall In IT Shares
- New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Launched In India
- Flipkart Mobiles Bonanza Sale 2018
- Deepika And Ranveer 's Latest Wedding Pictures Become Memes!
- #SocialForGood – Activism And Awareness
- The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
There has been a buzz in the media recently that Vipul Shah's Namastey London is inspired by Manoj Kumar's hit film of 70s Purab Aur Pachhim. However, when we checked with Vipul Shah, he denied any resemblance. Perhaps the rumour cropped up because Vipul's film is a love story set on a cross-cultural backdrop.
Vipul has recently returned back to India after shooting a major portion of the film in London. Says Vipul, "We have recently shot nearly 70-80% of the film in London." Vipul will now be shooting the remaining portion of the film in Punjab. "We will be wrapping up the shoot by this yearend." Interestingly the first schedule was extensively shot in the native place of Katrina Kaif, the female lead of the film. And now the entire cast and crew moves to Punjab the native place of Akshay Kumar for the second schedule of the film. The entire British crew including all the technicians joins in Punjab.
Namastey London will be Vipul Shah's third film after Aankhen and Waqt. The film is a cross-cultural love story and stars Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Upen Patel and Rishi Kapoor in lead roles.
Abhishek, Preity for MTV Style Awards
Angelina, Brad Pitt in India