TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Kolkata (UNI): The International Forum of New Cinema under the broad framework of 12th Kolkata Film Festival will be held here from tomorrow to November 17, screening a total of 67 films from 23 countries.
Kolkata's largest film society, Cine Central, is organizing the Forum of New Cinema. Its General Secretary Sadhan Chakravarty said the award winning Kannada film Nayi Neralu (In the Shadow of the Dog), directed by Girish Kasaravalli, would be screened at the opening of the festival.
Mr Kasaravalli would also be present on the occasion, Mr Chakravarty said.
He said Brazil, Uruguay, France, Germany, Switzerland, UK, US, China, Japan and Korea are participating in the festival and claimed that majority of these films had received international award despite being made very recently.
Haryana Governor Dr A R Kidwai would formally inaugurate the event in the presence of noted filmmaker Mrinal Sen and actor Soumitra Chatterjee, also the chairman of the Kolkata Film Festival, Mr Chakravarty added.
Payal's role deleted from ASMM
Guru, Tara Rum Pum postponed