TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): Film Director Ram Gopal Varma says films that he makes are a reflection of the times we live in and his latest creation Shiva reflects corruption. ''Fifteen years ago, I made a film, by the same, with Nagarjuna and at that time violence was like children's nursery rhyme", he said. My films have no bloodsheds because I do not like the sight of blood", he said. If I want to convey a message, I will send an SMS rather than making a film. The aim of movies is to entertain and create an emotional experience. The message should be inherent", Varma said.
''My old film Shiva delved into the disillusionment with our educational institutions, which often led to violence and turmoil on the campus. However, the new flick will look into law keeping system through the eyes of the man, who has freshly joined the police force and how his ideals clash with the harsh reality at his work place the director said. He admitted to overdramatising his films saying, ''I have made Shool and Ab Tak Chhapan, which had drama as an inherent part.
But the intention was to bring back the intense hero who ruled the 70s and 80s before they were sent into oblivion by the sugar-sweet romantic films.'' Shiva is an attempt to reinvent that genre of films. I want to capture the spirit when one man takes on the system even when his principles and convictions are under threat, he said. ''With a completely updated script and today's technical advances, I seek to capture that element of anger present in all of us.'' ''Most of us accept injustice mutely. But once-in-a-while a rebel comes along who hits back. That rebel who all of us want is Shiva,'' he added.
Subway - Hardcore action film
Nagesh Kukunoor's next project