TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
By: Gaurav Malani, IndiaFM
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
In a unique promotional campaign, the makers of Phir Hera Pheri have tied up with the sports channel ESPN to endorse the upcoming FIFA world cup. The concept is somewhat like a promotional music video. But this one is more of a cross-branding strategy, and in its purest form, with both the movie and the television channel gaining equally by promoting each other.
The specially shot ad shows Paresh Rawal as Baburao Apte asking Shyam (Suniel Shetty) to SMS Goal to 6464 as a part of the 'Gyarah Hindustani Contest' to win a trip to Germany for the FIFA Football World Cup.
And when he finally gets an SMS reply that he has won the contest, he is happy and excited. That's until he sees the winner's name as Raju (Akshay Kumar). Raju had replaced the sim card in Baburao's cell phone with his, thereby winning the contest.
His Hera Pheri wins him a trip to the 'FIFA World Cup'.