TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Monday, December 18, 2006
Ajay Chandok is another addition to the directors in the Indian film industry who are inspired by Ramesh Sippy's timeless masterpiece Sholay. He has recently begun working on this own version of the story - which goes by the name Phir Sholay.
Even after 30 years of its release, Ramesh Sippy's Sholay continues to inspire the masses as well as industry professionals. Ram Gopal Varma was the first such person in queue.
After contemplating on the perfect cast for the remake, he has finally started working on the characters, placing special emphasis on the infamous Gabbar, which is going to be played by Mr. Bachchan. Following Ramu's footsteps was the queen of the silver screen Ekta Kapoor, who announced a Bhojpuri version of Sholay. Ekta's film, which is going to be directed by Mahesh Pandey, also places the limelight on Gabbar.
Ajay Chandok has just completed work on Nehle Pe Dehla (now re-titled as Jimmy aur Johny) with Sanjay Dutt, Saif and Bipasha Basu. He refuses to reveal anything about Phir Sholay yet. However, it has been reported that Arbaaz Khan, Javed Jaffery, Aashish Chowdhary and Akshay Kapoor will be seen in the lead.
As all the three versions of Sholay are very much awaited, only time will tell if any of them can make it up to the benchmark set by Sippy's original.
Bhagam Bhag crew wins hearts
Ajay Devgan gets a grand welcome