TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Thursday, November 02, 2006
This will be one of the most unique casting for a Hindi film that Anurag Kashyap has done. For his upcoming film No Smoking, Anurag has signed up filmmaker Rajkumar Santoshi to play a pivotal role. Santoshi will be playing the character of a strange, talkative doctor who persuades John Abraham to quit smoking. John plays the character of a chain smoker in the film who decides to go to a rehab centre to quit the habit. Anurag says that when he wrote the character of the doctor, he couldn't think of anyone else but Rajkumar Santoshi to play it.
This however isn't the first time that Santoshi will be acting in a film. He was earlier seen in Santosh Sivan's Halo in 1997 which was a children's film in which he played the father of one of the kids in the movie. He apparently had a very strong screen presence playing the funny character in that movie.
Another interesting character in the film is that of Ranvir Shorey. Ironically, his character name is named Abbas Tyrewala. It is said that Tyrewala was to play the role but then he opted out. Hence, Kashyap thought of naming the character after him.
Bhagam Bhag-Guru clash?
Himesh launches movie in London