TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Friday, November 24, 2006
UTV has decided to re-release the first hit of 2006, Rang De Basanti, in the U.S. next year. But this time they are targeting the non-Indian/Asian audience that hadn't watched the film in its first run. Also, the length of the film has been shortened by approx. 25 minutes to cater to the videshi audiences.
"That's true," Siddharth Roy Kapur [Senior Vice President, Marketing&Communications, UTV] confirms the development, "Rakeysh [Omprakash Mehra] has already re-edited the film. It's going to be a proper mainline release in the U.S. in March next year." Although the release strategy is being worked out currently, Kapur states "it'll be a good release [prints] in terms of a foreign release."
The target audience is not the Indians this time. "The business of R.D.B. has already exhausted vis-À-vis the Indian diaspora. Our target audience is lovers of foreign films," Kapur states, adding that the film won't be dubbed in English, but will have English sub-titles for moviegoers to decipher the goings-on.
Mundhra, Shabana, Farah bag awards
Come December bags International award