TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Friday, November 24, 2006
UTV has decided to re-release the first hit of 2006, Rang De Basanti, in the U.S. next year. But this time they are targeting the non-Indian/Asian audience that hadn't watched the film in its first run. Also, the length of the film has been shortened by approx. 25 minutes to cater to the videshi audiences.
"That's true," Siddharth Roy Kapur [Senior Vice President, Marketing&Communications, UTV] confirms the development, "Rakeysh [Omprakash Mehra] has already re-edited the film. It's going to be a proper mainline release in the U.S. in March next year." Although the release strategy is being worked out currently, Kapur states "it'll be a good release [prints] in terms of a foreign release."
The target audience is not the Indians this time. "The business of R.D.B. has already exhausted vis-À-vis the Indian diaspora. Our target audience is lovers of foreign films," Kapur states, adding that the film won't be dubbed in English, but will have English sub-titles for moviegoers to decipher the goings-on.
Mundhra, Shabana, Farah bag awards
Come December bags International award