TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Monday, June 05, 2006
Varanasi (UNI): Claiming that Bhojpuri films were fast gaining popularity in international markets like USA and Europe, film actor Raza Murad called for its aggressive overseas marketing. ''The popularity of Bhojpuri cinema is no longer confined to Uttar Pradesh and Bihar or in Bhojpuri speaking countries like Mauritus, Surinam, Fiji and Trinidad. ''Its cinema is fast gaining currency among people in Southern part of USA and European countries like the,'' claimed Murad, while talking to newspersons after the screening of a Bhojpuri film here, yesterday.
The actor known for his character roles and strong dialogue delivery, however, admitted Bhojpuri films were still confined to population of Indian origin residing in US and Europe. He said efforts like dubbing the film in English could make these films popular among the aboriginals in USA and Europe. ''Agrressive overseas marketing is the need of the hour for making Bhojpuri cinema globally competitive and with Bollywood biggies like Amitabh Bachchan and Ajay Devgan acting with Bhojpuri film icons like Manoj Tewari, the countryside cinema of UP and Bihar could soon be a global success,'' hoped Murad.