TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Monday, October 23, 2006
Ram Gopal Varma is both amused and slightly taken aback by Shadab Khan's views on his Sholay. "First let me say I've the greatest regard for Amjad Khan as an actor. No one can respect Amjad Khan more than me for what he did with Gabbar Singh. But the truth is, after I saw Amitji playing Gabbar I forgot Amjad Khan. I agree with Shadaab. What he did to Gabbar cannot be encored. But repeating Amjad's act isn't my intention at all. My Sholay isn't being made to be one-up on anyone. If Amjad Khan has become legendary as Gabbar I needed a legendary actor to get into Gabbar's boots."
Reacting to Shadab's view that Amjad could give his best shot to Gabbar because his back was against the wall Ramu says, "I think great work happens because of the passion to excel, not because of desperation. And when it comes to passion for work Amitji is next to none. The richer Amitabh Bachchan got the better his performances got. Unlike some other actors who started with a bang, Amitji got better rather than inferior with each performance."
Concludes the work-driven director, "Neither Amitji nor I are doing Sholay to challenge anyone. My Sholay generates its own heat, creates its own rhythm and atmosphere." What about the fact that Big B's look is being criticized by some? "Amitji is playing a character and the emotion and personality will come through. To judge whether the character works or not, people will have to see the film."
Manmohan Shetty plans an animation film
Tanushree Dutta goes the Humpty Dumpty way