TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Roopali Vaid, the finalist of Zee India's Best, has bagged her first film assignment. She will make her Bollywood debut in Padmashree Bharathi Raja's film titled Cinema. The film also stars Nana Patekar. Another male star is yet to be finalized. The current musical sensation Himesh Reshammiya will compose the music of the film. The film will go on floors with a mahurat shot on March 25.
Incidentally this film also marks the return of filmmaker Bharathi Raja into Hindi films. Bharathi Raja is the same director who had cast the romantic king Rajesh Khanna in the role of an eccentric psychopath killer on the film Red Rose (1980) almost two decades back, giving him his first and last negative role.
Raja also discovered the Punjabi girl Rati Agnihotri and made her an overnight star in South Indian films. He also gave Sridevi her first Hindi film Solva Sawan who later on turned out to be a superstar. We hope Roopali Vaid who makes her debut in Raja's film also gets equally lucky like them.
Rani celebrates her Birthday with deaf and blind students
Salim-Sulaiman to compose the background score for Krrish