TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Hollywood often does it and now, it's happening in Bollywood too. Hollywood studios have released several keenly-anticipated films on a Wednesday, so that the film has a 5-day bountiful weekend. Nikhil Advani has decided to follow suit with Salaam-E-Ishq, which hits the marquee in January next year.
Initially slated for a 26th January, 2007 release, Nikhil has decided to re-schedule its release by bringing it two days earlier -- on 24th January. Yes, Salaam-E-Ishq will release in India on Wednesday, simultaneously with its Dubai release. The other international markets -- U.S., U.K. and South East Asia -- will see a Friday release.
"Why not capitalize on a 5-day weekend?" Nikhil smiles, "In any case, 26th January is a national holiday [Republic Day] and if we bring the film on Wednesday, you can be assured of a whopping first weekend business." Meanwhile, the music of Salaam-E-Ishq will hit music stores on 2nd December.
In the past, Garam Masala, Kyon Ki... and Shaadi No. 1 had also hit the screens on a Wednesday, but that was primarily to cash in on the Diwali festivities.
Guru characters introduce themselves