- #Padmavati Controversy: Karan Patel, Aly Goni & Other TV Stars Support Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Film!
- Amitabh Bachchan Watches Ram Leela Thrice!
- Kerala Floods: Amitabh Bachchan, Dulquer Salmaan & Others Extend Their Support To Flood Relief!
- Kaun Banega Crorepati 10: Amitabh Bachchan Starts Rehearsing; Shares The Experience With Fans
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Demise: Shahrukh Khan Reminisces How He Used To Discuss Ailing Knees With Him
- RIP Atal Bihari Vajpayee: When Aishwarya Rai, SRK, Big B & Others Shared The Stage With The Leader
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bansali was granted bail by a session court on Tuesday in the case of the fire that broke out on the sets of Black which destroyed property worth Crores. The case was registered by antique dealer Farida Hoosenally who accused Bhansali of using domestic LPG cylinders on the sets of the film, thus, breaching the provisions of the Essential Commodities Act and LPG Supply and Distribution Order 2000.
Hoosenally, in her police complaint stated that on April 18, 2003, when the set of the film Black had caught fire, the two LPG cylinders added to the damage of the artifacts that she had rented for the shoot, resulting in the lose of Rs. 3 crore worth property. Bhansali then filed a bail application after receiving summons from the Police.
Black starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rani Mukerjee in lead roles released in 2005. Bhansali is currently working on Saawariya which will launch two star kids Ranbir Kapoor (Son of Rishi Kapoor) and Sonam Kapoor (Daughter of Anil Kapoor).