TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election Results 2018 Updates: The Numbers At This Hour And Its Still Not Final
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition India Launch — Catch The Live Stream Here
- Markets Trade Higher Post State Election Results
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- Sonakshi Sinha's Red Dress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Sanjay Leela Bhansali somehow always lands up in one controversy or the other. The director who is currently busy with his next film Saawariya, has been accused of not paying the daily wage laborers on the sets of the same film. The workers, affiliated to the Film Studio Setting and Allied Mazdoor Union have not been paid since April 22. They have been working on the sets of the film at Karjat since last month. Their senior vice-chairman went on the sets to get their payment. Some workers were paid only for about 4 days.
After the protest, they have been paid till April 30th. It seems that some of the workers were threatened if they spoke up. It might be recalled, that there was a similar situation during Black, wherein the workers were not paid. It took almost 6 months to clear their dues. At that time, the workers had the support of Amitabh Bachchan. Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Saawariya is the launch pad of Rishi Kapoor's son Ranbir and Anil Kapoor's daughter, Sonam, respectively.