TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Satish Kaushik celebrated both for his varied roles in theatre and Hindi films as well as his box office hits as a director, has been chosen to play the male lead in the screen adaptation of the highly acclaimed and best selling novel Brick Lane written by Monica Ali. The film is being produced by Oscar and Golden Globe nominee Alison Owen who has in the past produced films such as Moonlight and Valentino, Elizabeth, Sylvia and Proof, among others. It will be directed by Sarah Gavron who has done a couple of films earlier.
"I am delighted", says Satish Kaushik. "It is a character close to my heart. I did not even know that a search for the part was on till Loveleen Tandan, the Casting Director for the film, approached me and narrated the character to me. The actor in me was thrilled and the following day, I tested for the role. Only when I was picked for the part, I was told that a rigorous worldwide search had been going on for months for the right actor for this part".
Satish Kaushik is leaving for London in a few days to shoot for the film. He was last seen in Karan Razdan's Umar where he was one of the leads and also recently directed Subhash Ghai's Shaadi Se Pehle.
Police complaint against Prakash Jaju
Akshay refuses big brands