TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJPs Unofficial Ally TRS Swing Muslim Votes In their Favour — Here's How!
- Neymar Helps PSG Secure Group C Top Spot
- Force Gurkha Xtreme Launched In India
- Now Send Voice Messages On Instagram — Here Is How It Works!
- RBI Board Meeting On 14 December — No Changes On Urjit's Abrupt Exit
- Suhana's Bollywood Debut — Here Is What SRK Has To Say
- Sunny Leone's Stunning Black & White Gown For The ITA Awards
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
Friday, April 28, 2006
Jamshedpur, (UNI): Noted cine organisation Celluloid Chapter will organise a four-day film festival on Satyajit Ray from May 2 to 5 to pay tribute to the maestro on the occasion of his 85th birth anniversary.
Vice president of the Chapter Amitabh Ghosh told mediapersons today that four great films of Ray-- 'Kapurush O Mahapurush', 'Devi', 'Mahanagar' and 'Kanchan Jungha' would be screened.
He said all the films were women related depicting various faces of Indian women.
''Celluloid Chapter with this festival plans to 're-invent' Ray for the film lovers of the steel city,'' said Mr Ghosh.
He said the inaugural ceremony of the festival would be followed by an interactive session and exhibition--''Beyond the Myth'' on the life and works of the legendary film-maker.
In the interactive session 80 school children would participate in a discussion on 'Pather Panchali' which would be introduced and conducted by a city based art critic, he said.
Mr Ghosh said the Chapter would also pay to tribute to another great film personality Mrinal Sen on the occasion of the latter's birthday on May 14. The theme would be ''Retrospective of Mrinal Sen'', he said.
Payal turns interior designer
Mughal-E-Azam gets overwhelming reponse in Pak: Akbar Asif