TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): One of Bollywood's greatest romantic heroes Shammi Kapoor, who is fondly referred to as India's answer to Elvis Presley, will be 75 years of age on October 21. Swar Lipi, a registered charitable trust, has come forward in a unique way to celebrate Shammi Kapoor's birthday by organising a musical evening ''Dil Ke Zaroke Mein'' to pay tributes to the living legend on October 14 at Shanmukhanand Hall, a press release here said.
Hit numbers from his movies will be renderred by singers from the orchestra which comprises 65 renowned musicians. The orchestra will be conducted by eminent music arranger Arvind Hasabnis. Shammi Kapoor will be present along with the Kapoor family as the chief guest. Prominent guests include Asha Parekh, Leena Chandavarkar, Helen, music composers Ravi, Anandji, Usha Khanna and many others have been invited to grace the occasion. The entire programme is being organised by Hemant Kumar Mahale and his group. Shammi Kapoor is presently unwell and has to undergo dialysis every week as both his kidneys have failed.
"Bollywood movies irresponsible" - Abhishek
A Non-fiction documentary to release in multiplexes