TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Monday, March 27, 2006
Shashi Ranjan's Anushka Images has joined hands with Syma Khar from Pakistan to jointly produce Mungilal Rrocks. Starring Indian and Pakistani actors, who are yet to be finalized, the film will see a theatrical release in India as well as Pakistan.
"Indian film-makers have embraced and absorbed Pakistani talent, be it actors, singers or music composers. But the Pakistani industry hasn't lifted the ban on Indian films. During my trips to Pakistan in the recent past, I had a dialogue with the Pakistani authorities. Things are changing gradually, but you can't expect a transformation overnight," Shashi Ranjan tells me.
So what's the solution? "If we join hands with a Pakistani citizen -- which is exactly what I am doing -- you can have a release in Pakistan. Legally, you can't stop a film from releasing in the country if it's produced by a Pakistani. And Syma Khar is a Pakistani citizen, based in Pakistan. Besides, they are too well established and well-known in their country," Shashi divulges.
The makers plan to commence filming Mungilal Rrocks from June in India, Dubai and Mauritius and are looking at a summer 2007 release... Shashi Ranjan will officially announce the project to the Indian media on Monday, March 27.
Bhansali chooses RK Studios this time for first schedule of Saawariya
Mimoh, Zulfi in Jimmy, film rolls today