TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
It's the age of remakes and Sholay seems to be the muse of every filmmaker. So while Ram Gopal Varma has already started work on his version of Sholay with Amitabh Bachchan, another filmmaker is also soon set to remake the all time classic blockbuster. However this time the film will not be remade in Hindi but in Bhojpuri. And the producer isn't a small name but the queen of the small screen - Ekta Kapoor.
Tapping the vast potential of Bhojpuri film market, Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor have announced a Bhojpuri version of Sholay to be produced under their banner of Balaji Films. And like Ram Gopal Varma, the prime inspiration behind this Sholay again is the bad man - Gabbar Singh. So much so that the film is titled 'Gabbar Singh'. The film will have all the legendary characters of Jai, Veeru, Basanti, Radha, Thakur, Sambha, etc and will be a multi-starrer in every sense in the Bhojpuri film industry.
So who's the man wielding the director's chair? He is Mahesh Pandey. The name might sound new but he had written the screenplay of the last Balaji Films' release Koi Aap Sa. In fact this first time director claims that Gabbar Singh might perhaps be his last film. Not because he isn't confident about his skills. But perhaps because he is over-confident. "I don't think I will be able to make anything bigger than this film. So Gabbar Singh might be my last film".
Pandey has been co-scripting the film since the last 6 months with Sandeep Shikhar and Rajesh Tripathi. "We intend to start shooting in February and will be using 5 cameras for the film". Satish-Ajay will be composing the music while Vinay Bihari has written the lyrics. The film is being co-produced under the banner of Ashtavinayak Films with Mukesh Pande as the executive producer.
Ask him about the RGV version of Sholay and Pandey retorts, "I am not interested in any comparison between his film. My Gabbar Singh is big enough".
Aamir sells Lagaan Home Video rights
Akbar Khan's next, Taxi Driver