TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Rafale Deal Be Probed? — Supreme Court To Decide Today
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- IPL Auction 2019 — These Five Players May Be Sold For A High Price
- Shahrukh Breaks Silence On His Film With Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Mumbai And Its Vintage Parsi Cafes
- Can Meditation Enhance Creativity?
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Mumbai, UNI: Filmmaker and Rajya Sabha member Shyam Benegal is among the seven member jury for the second Provogue-Global Indian Film Awards (GIFA), to be held in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia from December 7 to 9.
The other members of the jury include actress Rati Agnihotri, music composer Sandeep Chowta, producer Sajid Nadiadwala, media critic and journalist Subhash K Jha, actor Jackie Shroff and producer Smita Thackeray.
The jury members will review the films and vote for deserving candidates, a release said here today.
This year's awards are being held under the aegis of Tourism Malaysia.
''Provogue GIFA is a very special award because we interact with very special people. The venue for the awards makes all the difference and what better place than KL in Malaysia. I am looking forward to my visit to KL.
They say its paradise and Malaysia is truly Asia,'' the release quoted Rati Agnihotri as saying.
''Provogue-GIFA represents the soul of Asian cinema and Malaysia represents the soul of Asian beauty. I am looking forward to be in KL. I know only few will get the awards, but in place like Malaysia, I am sure everyone is going to have fun. Malaysia Truly Asia.'' said Sandeep Chowta.
Karan Johar to make animation film
Bhushan's wife to direct music videos