TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Mumbai, UNI: Filmmaker and Rajya Sabha member Shyam Benegal is among the seven member jury for the second Provogue-Global Indian Film Awards (GIFA), to be held in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia from December 7 to 9.
The other members of the jury include actress Rati Agnihotri, music composer Sandeep Chowta, producer Sajid Nadiadwala, media critic and journalist Subhash K Jha, actor Jackie Shroff and producer Smita Thackeray.
The jury members will review the films and vote for deserving candidates, a release said here today.
This year's awards are being held under the aegis of Tourism Malaysia.
''Provogue GIFA is a very special award because we interact with very special people. The venue for the awards makes all the difference and what better place than KL in Malaysia. I am looking forward to my visit to KL.
They say its paradise and Malaysia is truly Asia,'' the release quoted Rati Agnihotri as saying.
''Provogue-GIFA represents the soul of Asian cinema and Malaysia represents the soul of Asian beauty. I am looking forward to be in KL. I know only few will get the awards, but in place like Malaysia, I am sure everyone is going to have fun. Malaysia Truly Asia.'' said Sandeep Chowta.
Karan Johar to make animation film
Bhushan's wife to direct music videos