TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Post AB Tumhare Hawale Watan Sathiyo, Anil Sharma has gone headlong into the Dharmendra-Sunny-Bobby project Apne. The latest on this venture is that Sharma has flown in foreign boxers to train Sunny, Bobby and Aryan Vaid for a vital sequence in the film.
"I didn't want to goof up on the boxing sequence. It's an integral part of the story and it wouldn't make the desired impact if we film it without the actors knowing the finer nuances of boxing. The fight has to look authentic," the film-maker informs me, thus living up to the reputation of a perfectionist.
Sharma is ready to commence a marathon shooting schedule of Apne, which is expected to begin in Mumbai and travel to Bangkok first and Australia later. But the maker of Hukumat and Gadar denies that he is keen to release Apne in Diwali.
"I don't want to hurry on the release just because Diwali is considered the most lucrative period from the business point of view. After returning from Australia in the first week of July, there's another schedule in Mumbai in August. Only after I conclude this schedule will I decide on the release date. Jaldi kya hain?" he smiles.
Apne co-stars Shilpa Shetty, Katrina Kaif, Kiron Kher, Victor Banerjee, Aryan Vaid and Pakistani actor Jawed Sheikh in key roles.