TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
Thursday, March 02, 2006
After Suniel Shetty, Saif Ali Khan and Sanjay Dutt, it's the turn of Sushmita Sen's car to get confiscated. The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence confiscated her Land Cruiser and has asked her to pay Rs. 20 lakhs as customs duty. The car was imported last March with documents that stated it was manufactured in December 1998. However, the vehicle was actually manufactured in 2003. The vehicle is priced at Rs. 56 lakh. The duty that is due is Rs. 20 lakh. The vehicle was brought into the country under the transfer of residence (TR) scheme that mandates that the vehicle may not be sold before two years of personal use by the importer. Sen brought the vehicle through a dealer in May 2005.