TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Tanuja Chandra's English film, Hope and a Little Sugar, which premiered in the South Asian Iternational Film Festival in New York has been judged the best feature film of the festival. The film is produced by two independent film producers who contacted Tanuja after reading the script of the film.
Tanuja Chandra says, "This was a very adventurous and innovative collaboration between two groups that had never known each other, both motivated by the script and the impulse to make a film that spoke about some very important issues to a global audience. It was the best possible way for East and West to meet"
The film will be shown at a few more festivals before having a theatrical release world wide. The film in New York was appreciated by both, Americans as well as Indians abroad.