TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
By: Abid, IndiaFM
Thursday, June 08, 2006
According to our Amritsar based sources, Yash Chopra is contemplating the next edition/continuation of his superhit Veer-Zaara. He wants all the details about a Pakistani girl Mumtaz, now in Amritsar.
The real life story of Mumtaz goes something like this. Mumtaz from Karachi, Pakistan, married a Bangladeshi citizen Ibrahim and they had two girls Amna and Ayesha. But Ibrahim left them stranded in Bangladesh and went away to Dubai and remarried. Wanting to go back to Pakistan, Mumtaz landed (without passport and visa) in India and ended up in Amritsar jail. Presently she is living in an Amritsar slum and has appealed to Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for help.
Mumtaz's lawyer S.K. Gupta says that Gurinder Bhakna (of Yash Raj camp) contacted him three days back and wanted all the media clippings/coverage and legal documents about Mumtaz's ordeal and said that Mr. Yash Chopra will be shortly in Jalandhar (Punjab) and is interested in a film based on Mumtaz's life, featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta and Amitabh Bachchan (as a lawyer fighting Mumtaz's case). He added that Mr. Chopra is interested in meeting Mumtaz.
We must add that we have had absolutely no confirmation of this from the Yash Raj camp. Waiting for them to confirm.