TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Friday, December 29, 2006
On 24th December veteran stars of Bollywood the likes of Asha Parekh, Manoj Kumar, Khayaam, A.K. Hangal, Ramesh Deo and Dara Singh had gathered at Kora Kendra, Borivali for the cultural event Saptarang Ke Saptashee.
The event organized by Kala Pratishan and Aarti Art Academy was specially held to honour and felicitate legendary personality from the world of Hindi Films who have given their selfless contribution and timeless efforts to the development of Hindi cinema.
Madhur Bhandarkar and Sachin Pilgaonkar were the chief guests at the event which was packed to capacity. The enthusiastic audience was witness to much fun-fare and impromptu performance from Sachin and A. K. Hangal when they re-enacted the gig from Sholay, when Sachin went on stage to present the memento and cheque.
Madhur Bhandarkar when presenting the memento and cheque to Manoj Kumar confessed that he was a big fan of Manoj Kumar and further revealed that he did copy the master directors shot in his work. Manoj Kumar after making a note on Madhur's talent as a director further advised Madhur to make more movies with themes that would also influence and give message to the rural India. Asha Parekh, Ramesh Deo and Dara Singh also thanked the organizer for their untiring effort to bring performing art to the masses.
Each veteran artist was presented with the auspicious coconut, a shawl, a memento and a cheque of Rs. 51,0001.
Himesh opts out of Darling
Shekhar starts comic book company