TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Friday, November 24, 2006
The Film Federation of India has already nominated Rang De Basanti as India's official entry to the Academy Awards. Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra has also sent his blockbuster film Lage Raho Munnabhai to the Oscars as an independent entry. Now, the third Indian film -- Waris Shah - Ishq Daa Waaris [Punjabi] -- has entered the Academy Awards.
The official entry was initiated by India Waves TV, San Francisco, on behalf of the U.S. distributors of the film, Golden Palms Entertainment Inc. "Waris Shah - Ishq Daa Waaris was entered in General Category from U.S.A.," states Lakshmi Baweja, Founder and President of India Waves Television Network, "It's a tribute to director Manoj Punj, who died of a cardiac arrest a week after the film's grand premiere in Santa Clara, California."
Waris Shah - Ishq Daa Waaris will compete in many categories, including Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor and Best Costumes.
Antariksha, for kids set to release
The Memsahib - Indian premiere at IFFI