TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is How Rahul Gandhi Reacted When Asked About The Farm Loans Waiver
- IPL Auction 2019 — Live Updates
- Lambretta Scooter India-Launch Details Out — To Be Fully Electric, Yet Classy
- NDCP To Offer 4 Million Jobs To Indians In Telecom Sector — Manoj Sinha
- Rupee Moves Higher As Dollar Weakens Before Fed Outcome On Dec 19
- Deepika Opens Up About Ranbir Skipping Her Wedding Reception
- Jalandhar: The City Of Rich Cultural Heritage
- Mum Shares Heartbreaking Pictures Of Baby After Dog Attack
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Friday, November 24, 2006
The Film Federation of India has already nominated Rang De Basanti as India's official entry to the Academy Awards. Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra has also sent his blockbuster film Lage Raho Munnabhai to the Oscars as an independent entry. Now, the third Indian film -- Waris Shah - Ishq Daa Waaris [Punjabi] -- has entered the Academy Awards.
The official entry was initiated by India Waves TV, San Francisco, on behalf of the U.S. distributors of the film, Golden Palms Entertainment Inc. "Waris Shah - Ishq Daa Waaris was entered in General Category from U.S.A.," states Lakshmi Baweja, Founder and President of India Waves Television Network, "It's a tribute to director Manoj Punj, who died of a cardiac arrest a week after the film's grand premiere in Santa Clara, California."
Waris Shah - Ishq Daa Waaris will compete in many categories, including Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor and Best Costumes.
Antariksha, for kids set to release
The Memsahib - Indian premiere at IFFI