TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Monday, March 27, 2006
What made filmmaker Yash Chopra to walk away from the closing ceremony of the FICCI Frames convention at the Grand Hyatt yesterday evening? Well, it was because of a cold war between two filmmakers.
Akbar Khan, producer and director of Taj Mahal felt insulted when Yash Chopra called Veer-Zaara, the first Indian film to be screened in Pakistan. However, the fact is that Akbar Khan directed Taj Mahal is the first Indian film to be screened in Pakistan. But Chopra did not mention about it while giving a speech about Bollywood's role in Indo-Pak cultural exchanges.
Khan was furious when Chopra stated that the 60-crore film Taj Mahal was too small a project to mention. While in retaliation Khan expressed thanks for acknowledging his honor with vigor, dynamism and passion. However, Chopra didn't say anything and walked off.
Akbar Khan further revealed that he has lost respect for Yash Chopra. Khan claimed that Yash Chopra is frustrated because Veer-Zaara could not become the first Indian film to be released in Pakistan after 40 years. He also added that Chopra is using FICCI Frames to promote and sell his own films as his personal affair.
Taj Mahal top be released in Pakistan
Bollywood stars to do two shows in US