TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
However, the super actor has something else to say on the matter. The official director of TAARE ZAMEEN PAR, Aamir Khan, discloses that he agreed to be a part of the film because he loved Amol's script. But just after a week of shooting, the rushes of the film led to a creative difference between the then director, Amol Gupte and Aamir. He even went to the extent of offering Amol the option of taking another actor and producer in his place, as Aamir was not sure that Amol could do justice to his own beautiful script. Amol mulled over Aamir's suggestion for a day, but returned realizing that only Aamir could do justice to the project, both as an actor and a producer.
In fact, it was Amol who suggested that Aamir should direct the movie, as he simply wanted the subject, which was so close to his heart (based on his personal experiences), to be loved and appreciated by a large section of the paying audience. The rest, as they say is history.
Well, going by the great critical acclaim that the film is receiving from all quarters, it seems like Amol's confidence in Aamir, the actor, producer and director was justified.