TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
However, the super actor has something else to say on the matter. The official director of TAARE ZAMEEN PAR, Aamir Khan, discloses that he agreed to be a part of the film because he loved Amol's script. But just after a week of shooting, the rushes of the film led to a creative difference between the then director, Amol Gupte and Aamir. He even went to the extent of offering Amol the option of taking another actor and producer in his place, as Aamir was not sure that Amol could do justice to his own beautiful script. Amol mulled over Aamir's suggestion for a day, but returned realizing that only Aamir could do justice to the project, both as an actor and a producer.
In fact, it was Amol who suggested that Aamir should direct the movie, as he simply wanted the subject, which was so close to his heart (based on his personal experiences), to be loved and appreciated by a large section of the paying audience. The rest, as they say is history.
Well, going by the great critical acclaim that the film is receiving from all quarters, it seems like Amol's confidence in Aamir, the actor, producer and director was justified.