TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
By: (Bollywood&TV Analyst)
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Bollywood's biggest superstar of international repute, Amitabh Bachchan is to be conferred France's highest civilian award in New Delhi this month on January 27th. Along with Big B, his better half Jaya Bachchan, son Abhishek Bachchan and his daughter in law to be Aishwarya Rai (Abhishek's fiancee) is expected to attend the ceremony.
The event to be held at the French Embassy, will have actor Amitabh awarded the Officier de la Legion d'Honneur (Officer of the Legion of Honour). The French Government had made this announcement of this highest award last year on Amitabh Bachchan's birthday on 11th October, 2006. Bachchan is to be bestowed with this honour for his contribution to Indian and international cultural life.
In year 2005, Amitabh had lent his voice to the Oscar-winning French documentary 'The March Of the Penguins' directed by Luc Jacquet. And this documentary will be screened prior to the award ceremony. Coveted diplomats, poiticians and officials will attend this high profile ceremony. It is the first public appearance of Abhishek and Aishwariya after their engagements which took place days back.Recent Stories
Samir's Mera Bharat Mahaan...
Akshay-Priyanka team up again?