TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Friday, October 12, 2007
It's not just the pleasure of working with his favourite co-star—alright, second-favourite co-star after wife Aishwarya—that made the latest Abhishek-Rani film Laaga Chunari Mein Daag special.
Enthuses Abhishek from Namibia where he's shooting for Goldie Behl's Drona, “I got to work with mom (Jaya). I had done a cameo in a Bengali film as her son. Mom and Pa are two different actors and human beings, they"re both unique actors. It's a sheer pleasure to share screen space with mom. I hope to do as many films with her as I've done with Pa."
Ask him what's the main difference between working with his two parents, and Abhishek ponders, "In-between shots Pa and I chill out and have fun. Ma is constantly mothering and fussing over me when the camera is switched off. Though I pretend not to like it I secretly love it."
There was big-time bonding on the sets with co-star Kunal Kapoor. "Kunal and I grew up together. He belongs to the same Juhu circle that I do. He's a terrific guy and an even better actor. His performance in our new film will surprise a lot of people. I also admire Konkona and got to work with her for the first time. She"s great fun."
As for director Pradeep Sarkar, "I did a number of ads with him before I finally got to be in a feature film with him. His zest for his work in unparalleled. I saw no difference in his enthusiasm level on sets of our feature film. I want to work with him again," Abhishek ends from Namibia.