TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Nokia 7.1 Plus Will Launch On 16th Of October For Rs 27,000
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- Can Using Hot Tub Cause A Miscarriage?
- From Salman Targeting Karanvir To Eliminating Neha To Save Sree-Reasons Why BB 12 Is UNFAIR & BIASED
- MG Motors India Plans Revealed — Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its Entry In 2019
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, October 04, 2007
The pursuits of scoops and newsbreaks have turned a section of the entertainment media into a nervous and anxious wreck. The 'sab-chalta-hai" brand of manufactured (mis) information touches new heights with a story in a Mumbai daily where the over-enthusiastic reporter claims 'Abhishek Bachchan is playing the true-life character of Lal Bihari Mritak.'
Both the proposed film's director and producer Anupam Kher and Satish Kaushik are baffled with this story. "I never said Abhishek is playing the role. All I told the correspondent is that the script is ready and an actor to play the protagonist will be finalized shortly. I even offered to let her know the cast as soon as it is finalized. Still she wrote that Abhishek is doing the film. Amazing!"
Producer Anupam Kher, who is just back from England, is even more dazed. "I've no clue where such talk comes from. All I know is Satish and I am determined to co-produce films that make a difference. We have just completed Tere Sang, which deals with the contemporary subject of pre-marital pregnancy. We are now going to film the story of 'Lal Bihari". And only the correct actor will be cast."