TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Aishwarya Rai has not stopped making headlines since her engagement with beau Abhishek Bachchan last month. Now, a lawyer from Patna has filed a PIL against the actress for allegedly marrying a peepal tree at Benaras, a banana tree at a Bangalore temple, and deity's idol in Ayodhya.
Aishwarya is supposedly a Manglik (astrologically Mars-bearing), which is believed to be inauspicious for her looming marriage. Reportedly, this decision was imposed on her by her to-be father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan.
A lawyer called Shruti Singh has filed a PIL (public interest litigation) in the Patna High Court against Ash, as her actions only promote untouchability, an existing social evil in the country. It is in violation of Article 17 of the Constitution, which prohibits untouchability. It also violates fundamental human rights. Singh went on to saying that the rituals performed by Aishwarya, Amitabh and Abhishek would only promote superstitions and blind faith among common people. She has requested a ban on the performance of such practices at temples in Bihar including Shitla temple in Patna, Baikatpur temple near Fatuha and the Shiva temple at Deoghar. The lawyer, who is also a social activist, has also demanded a public apology from the Bachchan family for promoting superstitious acts like these.
Aishwarya, whose marriage with AB's baby is speculated to take place anytime this month, will now have to deal with this legal muddle which directly questions the morals of Bollywood's most popular family.
Karan and Kareena painting the walls red
Traffic Signal amassing rave reviews