TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Friday, November 02, 2007
When you think of Dhoom, you think of John Abraham. When it"s Dhoom 2, you recall Hrithik Roshan"s stylised negative character called Mr A. No wonder every actor worth his biceps wants to now act in Dhoom 3. Akshay Kumar is one of the actors who"s making all the right moves to land the part of the negative character in the Yash Raj film.
Says a source, “When Akshay Kumar saw Dhoom 2 last year, he freaked out on Hrithik"s character. Though Hrithik played a negative role it was conceptualised and stylised by Adi (Aditya Chopra) so well that he stood out amongst all the rest. It was John Abraham"s negative character again that made a mark in Dhoom. So Akshay is very keen on playing the anti-hero in Dhoom 3 at any cost. He is ready to do the film with any director Yash Raj selects."
At his peak
The source adds that Akshay has expressed his enthusiasm to Aditya Chopra. He adds, “Akshay told Adi that he can pull this off as he loves action, and Dhoom is all about pushing the envelope when it comes to stunts etc. Akshay is already working with Yash Raj productions in Tashan and so he already has one foot in the door." The source further elaborates, “Yash Raj always works with stars who have a big draw and Akshay is at his peak right now. Adi (Aditya) and he have worked hard on his look in Tashan where Akshay has a crew cut and sports a stubble for his tapori goonda role. And I won"t be surprised if Akshay finally makes it to Dhoom 3"
The only hitch is Akshay"s price. The Chopras are known for not paying their stars well.
Akshay Kumar maintains, “I haven"t approached Yash Raj for any role in Dhoom 3. Nor have them mentioned anything to me. This is the first time I am hearing about it."