TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Friday, July 27, 2007
A couple of days back, a leading Mumbai tabloid had reported that as per their 'sources', Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna had a fallout due to which Akshay moved out of the house and checked in at Mumbai's J.W.Marriott hotel for four days. But this story hasn't gone down well with Akshay and Twinkle who has slapped the tabloid with a legal notice.
Says an annoyed Akshay Kumar, "The article is a clear representation of careless and irresponsible journalism. The freedom of press comes with responsibilities, which seems to have been put aside to give way to shock value journalism".
But why did he feel to react to the story if it was just a baseless rumour? "We have never reacted to what is written about us because we are happy in our own little world and have never felt the need to prove anything to anyone. But people are taking advantage of our silence to slander us and write things without an iota of truth, which we shall not accept anymore. Furthermore this has been done with a clear mandate to tarnish and damage our image", explains Akshay.
"We are aware that we are public figures and accept and understand that we would be in constant public glare, but we definitely have an objection to baseless and incorrect stories based on a figment of imagination."
So will he be taking any action against the newspaper? "A legal notice has been sent to the concerned publication and we will take them to court. A petition in this regard will also be filed in the court. We do not feel this article published warrants any comments from our side besides what has been listed above and therefore would leave it to our legal representation to handle.", concludes Akshay.