TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
'A Poem for cry' published by CRY together with penguin books India was released by Amitabh Bachchan on Monday. The book comprises of 86 poems, from which Amitabh Bachchan took great pleasure in reciting the one written by his father late Harivansh Rai Bachchan. Later commenting on the book he said tha child rights are not just the purview of development sector but a responsibility of each one of us."
The other eminent personality present at this occasion was Jagjit Singh the ghazal maestro who recited his favorite verse from the book along with Indian cricket star Sachin Tendulkar's daughter Sara who recited a poem chosen by her father and written by her grandfather, poet Ramesh Tendulkar.
The anthology of poems is not about children nor is it for children but is chosen by well known Indians from different walks of life like Amartya Sen, Indian cricket captain Rahul Dravid, world renowned sitarist Pandit Ravi Shankar and Azim Premji.
Madhuri Dixit to release Traffic Signal music
Late Bimal Roy gains due honour