TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Nokia 7.1 Plus Will Launch On 16th Of October For Rs 27,000
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- Can Using Hot Tub Cause A Miscarriage?
- From Salman Targeting Karanvir To Eliminating Neha To Save Sree-Reasons Why BB 12 Is UNFAIR & BIASED
- MG Motors India Plans Revealed — Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its Entry In 2019
The funeral procession started at 10 a.m. from Bachchans Juhu bungalow Pratiksha and reached the Ruia Park Cremation ground after nearly an hour. Teji Bachchan passed away on Friday after a prolonged illness. Ninety three year old Teji had been undergoing treatment at the Lilavati Hospital for almost a year.
On November 7, She was shifted to the intensive care unit of the hospital. Her condition turned critical thereafter. A Sikh hailing from Karachi, she was the second wife of the late Hindi poet, Harivansh Rai Bachchan. She is survived by her two sons-Amitabh and Ajitabh.
Teji was an amateur actor as well as a singer. Harivansh Rai, himself a renowned Hindi poet, died in 2003 at the age of 96. She married Harivansh Rai Bachchan in 1941,five years after the death of his first wife. She was also close to the Nehru-Gandhi family in the late 1950s.