TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
The funeral procession started at 10 a.m. from Bachchans Juhu bungalow Pratiksha and reached the Ruia Park Cremation ground after nearly an hour. Teji Bachchan passed away on Friday after a prolonged illness. Ninety three year old Teji had been undergoing treatment at the Lilavati Hospital for almost a year.
On November 7, She was shifted to the intensive care unit of the hospital. Her condition turned critical thereafter. A Sikh hailing from Karachi, she was the second wife of the late Hindi poet, Harivansh Rai Bachchan. She is survived by her two sons-Amitabh and Ajitabh.
Teji was an amateur actor as well as a singer. Harivansh Rai, himself a renowned Hindi poet, died in 2003 at the age of 96. She married Harivansh Rai Bachchan in 1941,five years after the death of his first wife. She was also close to the Nehru-Gandhi family in the late 1950s.