TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Friday, November 16, 2007
It was during the shooting of her Telugu film Athidhi in Hyderabad that Amrita wanted to go to Char Minaar and also shop in the famous Choori Bazaar. Thinking that she will go unrecognized if she wore huge sun glasses and tied her hair back in pony, Amrita went to Char Minar with some friends. As soon as she got off the car, people recognized her and started mobbing her. She had to return without getting the chance to buy anything. That is when somebody came with the idea of using a burkha and Amrita went out once again. "I had such a great time. I climbed up on Char Minar, rubbed shoulder with everybody in the crowd, went to the Choori Bazaar and really shopped for so many bangles. They have lovely bangles and they are so different. I even went to shop for stone studded jewellery. It was fun talking to people without getting recognized and being myself again," laughs Amrita.
Amrita Rao has done romantic role opposite Mahesh Babu in Telugu film Athidhi. This film has done record breaking business in Andhra Pradesh and broken all previous records. This film has established her as the number one heroine in Telugu cinema. In Athidhi, Amrita Rao's look is very different and sensuous. It is unlike her regular roles that she has done in Hindi film till now.
Even in Bollywood she is rocking. Amrita has got plum projects and excellent films in hand. She has Short Cut, which is Anil Kapoor's home production with Akshaye Khanna and Arshad Warsi and where she has a very glamorous platform. Another film is with Shyam Benegal which is one of the biggest opportunities for her this year. In January her E Niwas directed My Name is Anthony Gonsalves is scheduled for release.