TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Some of his great works for movies like Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai (2000), Kyonkii Main Jhoot Nahi Bolta (2001), Yeh Hai Jalwa (2002) and Viruddh (2005), went totally unnoticed because of the failures of the named projects, at the ticket window.
However, God is great and the stroke of luck that had eluded Anand Raj Anand so far seems to be back. He bounced back this year with some lovely compositions in Apoorva Lakhia's hit film, Shootout At Lokhandwala. He then sprang a surprise and made everyone dance to 'Billo Rani' (GOAL), which he sang for fellow composer, Pritam. And it is now crystal clear that he will finish the year on a high note with his compositions in Welcome. And for that he should thank another fellow composer, Himesh Reshammiya!
To make things clear, Feroz Nadiadwala's, Anees Bazmee directed Welcome had Himesh as the original and solo composer. But due to Himesh foraying into acting, apart from composing, Welcome got neglected. Producer Feroz Nadiadwala (a man of action), went ahead and enlisted the services of Anand Raj Anand (apart from roping in Sajid-Wajid for the title track). The lady luck found the occasion opportune to smile on the under rated Anand Raj Anand. And as luck would have it, Himesh's two tracks, 'Insha Allah' and 'Kola Laka Vellari' have found few takers and its the tracks by Anand, specially, 'Uncha Lamba' and 'Kiya Kiya', that have taken the WELCOME audio to the top five, and in no time.
Well, we have to disagree with the famous proverb, 'Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied', because delayed justice is what is making Anand Raj Anand smile.